Local boxer Rudy “Ruru” Santiago Silvas is fighting for something much more. To fully understand that, you’d have to walk a mile in his shoes — or perhaps run the five he usually runs in the afternoons while at work.
Companionship is important to the human condition and in some ways was difficult to find during the earlier days of the COVID-19 pandemic when lockdowns and distancing were at their peaks.
Twenty years ago, I was 16 years old and a junior in high school. I couldn’t tell you how the day started or what I had for breakfast on Sept. 11, 2001, but I can tell you vividly what happened later that morning as I walked through the halls of Frisco High School during passing periods betw…
I had been a newspaper editor for less than a year when the world changed.
- Guadalupe County deputy resigns after indicted, arrested on child sex abuse charges
- Susan Renae Coyle
- Roy M. Ramirez
- Seguin ISD takes step toward selling Mary B. Erskine
- Driver ticketed after hitting building, running
- Deborah Sanchez
- Woman arrested in stabbing incident
- Fire damages empty home
- William (Bill) James Patek
- 1 killed, another critically injured after fiery 18 wheeler wreck on I-10 in Seguin